Copyright © 2019 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Wellness Days Team Member
Job Title: Wellness Days Team Member
References Required: No
Numbers of References Requested: 0
All Wellness Days Team Members are accountable to the Special Events Coordinator and the VP Student Life of the Federation of Students with guidance from the University of Waterloo Athletics and Peer Health Education.
Scope and Nature
Wellness Days Team Members will be front line student volunteers tasked with helping students find wellness and balance in their day to day lives. Team Members will attend and facilitate Wellness Day feds.ca/get-involved/wellness-days events throughout the semester and help amplify and promote educational content coming from @UWFeds, @WlooWarriors, and @UWHealthyU. We are looking for students who buy-in to the concept of wellness, who understand the importance of wellness in student life, and who want to help other find their own wellness practices.
Wellness Days is a new initiative among the Federation of Students, Athletics, and Peer Health Education launching in 2018. We are looking for feedback about the program, team member duties, and engagements to help us grow this initiative and see success.
- Knowledgeable about the Wellness Days initiative and upcoming engagements
- Assist with the set-up and take down of events
- Promote engagements and wellness outside of your regular scheduled shifts
- Provide positive and meaningful interactions with students and fellow team members
- Act as a strong leader and positive role model for Wellness Days and the University of Waterloo
- Help provide strategic direction for the Wellness Days program and engagements
- Brainstorm creative ideas and different methods to promote Wellness on campus
- Attend team meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about student wellness and improving student life
- Intune with their own wellness and wants to inspire others to find their own wellness practices
- Willing to step outside of their comfort zone to talk about and practice wellness strategies
- Ability to take direction and work independently and within a team
- Fall 2018 Term
- 1 Day Training TBD
- Minimum of 5 shifts per term
- Approximately 1 - 3 hours per shift within the hours of 9am - 8pm
Submit your application on the University of Waterloo LEADs website.