Copyright © 2019 Federation of Students ~ Your Student Union.
Welcome to Fall Term 2018!
A new term means a whole new line-up of exciting events and opportunities to get involved! Here's a quick glance at some of the fun events you can look forward to this fall term.
Ring in the new term with Welcome Week! We have a whole week of great programming planned to help you kick start the school year.
- Enjoy a FREE breakfast to start your day
- Time: Sept. 10 from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Location: SLC Great Hall
Sex Toy Bingo (19+)
- Bring your friends, play some bingo, and win fun prizes.
- Time: Sept. 10 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Location: The Bombshelter Pub
- Drop by the SLC all week to play DDR, Guitar Hero, PacMan and much more.
- Time: Sept 10-14 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Location: SLC Multi-Purpose Room
President and Senior Staff BBQ
- Enjoy a FREE lunch, served to you by President Hamdullahpur and senior staff
- Time: Sept 11 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Location: DC Quad – weather permitting (or SLC Great Hall)
Movie in the Quad
- Come out with some snacks and watch Marvel’s Black Panther outdoors with your friends
- Time: Sept 11 at 8 p.m.
- Location: DC Quad
Welcome Week Carnival
- A two-night carnival extravaganza to celebrate the new term
- Time: Sept 12 & 13 from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Location: BMH Green
Feds First-Year Fair
Want to learn more about all the great services provided by Federation of Students? The Feds First-Year Fair is the place to be for more information on our 13 student-run services, delicious food options, and how Feds can help you make the most out of your student experience and as a member of the UWaterloo community.
- 10 a.m. - FREE coffee and pastries from International News
- 11 a.m. - Plant your own seeds with Sustainable Campus Initiative
- 12 p.m. - Decorate FREE cookies with The Women’s Centre
- 1 p.m. - Drag show presented by The Glow Centre
- 2 p.m. - FREE sushi from International News
- 3 p.m. - Challenge your Feds Executives to a bubble soccer match with FREE breakfast coupons for The Bombshelter Pub for all who participate!
- 4 p.m. - Drag show presented by The Glow Centre
Through different activities and events, Wellness Days provide an opportunity to engage with fellow students and staff on campus, and continually promote positive awareness for healthy living in all areas of life. Stay tuned for more details throughout the term.
The Bike Auction is a chance for you to give abandoned bikes new homes! Get a second-hand bike fixed by Bike Centre volunteers and inspected by our mechanics. Auctioning will begin at 12 p.m. on September 26 in the SLC, but feel free to drop by earlier to check out the selection.
General Meetings are a way for you to have your say in what your University experience looks like.
Decisions are made on topics and issues that matter to undergrads during General Meetings, so you won't want to miss this opportunity to have your vote counted.
Follow us on Facebook to stay updated on your student union! And make sure to keep an eye on our events page for a full list of all the events you can take part in throughout the term. Have a great fall term, Warriors!