Copyright © 2018 Federation of Students ~ Your Student Union.
A Feds referendum is a decision voted on by the members of our organization. Feds holds referendums to determine the undergraduate position on a particular question. Referendums are your opportunity as a University of Waterloo undergraduate to take direct action in making things happen.
Any current referendum details can be found on this page. If you’re looking for all the details on Feds referendums, take a scroll through these organizational documents:
There are no active referendums at this time
Check back for any future Feds referendum details.
Previous Referendum Results
Fall Break Referendum: fall 2018
For results of other previous referendums, please contact Research and Policy Officer.
Campaign Committees Meeting: N/A - no active referendum at this time
Interim Period: N/A - no active referendum at this time
Campaign Period: N/A - no active referendum at this time
Voting Period: N/A - no active referendum at this time
Results Announced: N/A - no active referendum at this time
If there are any campaign committees established for a current referendum, you will find their information here during an active referendum’s campaign period.
If you’re passionate about one particular side of a referendum and want to get involved by campaigning for that side, consider joining or even leading a referendum campaign committee.
Anyone wishing to campaign for one of the options must form or join an advocacy committee and register its members with the Elections and Referenda Officer (ERO) to declare its position. Here’s how you do that:
- Be a current a current UWaterloo undergrad.*
- Read the rules for campaigning for a position in a referendum found in the Elections & Referenda Procedures (PDF).
- Email the ERO with your name, WatIAm, and the committee you would like to campaign for.
- Meet and organize with all fellow members of your campaign committee, establish a chief agent of the committee, and determine the name of your campaign at the mandatory Campaign Committees Meeting (see details under “Important Dates”).
- Create a website and/or social media page where you can host your campaign platform. Send this link to your ERO to have posted on this page. It may take up to three business days to have these posted online, so please ensure you send this as soon as possible – and no later than three business days before the first day of voting period.
- The Elections & Referenda logo is available for download on the Feds Elections web page.
*If you’re not a full member of Feds (a current undergraduate student enrolled at the University of Waterloo), unfortunately you are unable to participate in Feds Referendums. You sound like a passionate advocate and we certainly appreciate that passion – so we recommend that you reach out to your group’s representatives to learn what they are doing on the topics that inspire you!
If you’re interested in leading or running for a committee and/or have any questions, contact ERO.