Copyright © 2018 Federation of Students ~ Your Student Union.
Note: BBQ rentals are unavailable until Spring 2019
$35 for Feds affiliated groups (clubs, services, societies, etc.)
$50 for on campus groups that are not affiliated to Feds
- Complete and submit the online BBQ form located further down on this page
- The Clubs Manager will respond within 3 business days of submission with confirmation of the booking
- The booking group will be put in contact with Feds Catering who will help facilitate the BBQ equipment
- The booking group will confirm the following with Feds Catering:
- Pick up time (no earlier than 10am)
- Return drop off time (no later than 3pm)
- If applicable, any food to be ordered through Feds Catering for the event (1 week notice is required for food orders)
- Any major changes to the booking, including rescheduling and cancellations need to be communicated to Feds Catering in a timely manner
Day of Steps
- The booking group will pay the required booking fee at the Feds Main Office prior to the BBQ, and be issued a receipt of payment
- The booking group will meet Feds Catering at the Bomber patio
- The booking group will present the payment receipt to Feds Catering at the time of pick up
- A Watcard will be held by Feds Catering during the BBQ
- The booking group will transport all BBQ equipment to the BBQ site
- The booking group will set up all BBQ equipment
- Feds Catering will confirm the BBQ equipment is set up correctly and the BBQ can proceed
- The booking group will staff the BBQ
- Feds Catering will check in throughout the BBQ to confirm compliance to Health and Safety regulations
- The booking group will then clean all BBQ equipment and return the equipment back to Feds Catering
- The booking group will have their Watcard returned after Feds Catering confirms all equipment is returned
- Feds affiliated groups must deposit any revenues immediately after the event
- The BBQ equipment includes:
- 1 portable BBQ
- 1 propane tank
- 2 folding tables
- 1 garbage can
- 2 sets of tongs
- 1 BBQ lighter
- 1 BBQ grill cleaning tool
- 1 cooler
- 1 hand wash station
- The BBQ equipment does NOT include:
- Paper towels
- Hand soap for the hand wash station
- Garbage bags
- Sanitary gloves
- The BBQ is for use on UW Main Campus only.
- BBQs that fail to uphold Health and Safety regulations will be shut down immediately and without refund. Loss of future BBQ privileges may be possible.
- Electricity is not available at BBQ locations. No extension cords.
- Exam tables and SLC furniture are not allowed outside.
- Additional charges may apply, including:
- Additional labour costs if the BBQ location is more than a 2 minute walk from the SLC
- BBQ equipment is returned dirty or damaged
- BBQ equipment is missing
- Cancellations with less than 2 business days’ notice
Food Safe Guidelines
Food safe guidelines must be upheld at all times throughout the entire BBQ. For more information on event food safety, please visit the University of Waterloo Event Food Safety page.
- Only pre-cooked hot dogs, pre-cooked veggie burgers and pre-cooked hamburgers, pre-cooked chicken burgers and pre-cooked sausages are allowed
- Food must be kept frozen when stored
- Food must be transported in coolers that maintain a temperature below 4°C
- Food products must never be placed on the ground, even though they are in packaging
- Separate people are needed for handling cash, for cooking, and for serving
- Everyone handling food must wash their hands before starting and after every time they switch tasks, other than if the tasks are all handling food (i.e. cashier to BBQer)
- Everyone handling food must wear gloves and have hair pulled back into a pony tail or wear a hair net or hat
- Condiments (i.e. mustard, ketchup, relish, mayonnaise, etc.) cannot be in open containers (i.e. use squeeze bottles)
- Condiment area must be kept clean
- Lettuce, tomatoes and onions must be cut in a licensed kitchen and must be transported and displayed in food grade containers.
- Pre-packaged drinks may be offered
- The internal temperature of the food must be above 60°C before it can be served
- This may take approx. 30 minutes to achieve from set up. Budget time accordingly.
Cash Box/ Float Request
If you require a cashbox or float, please book directly through Feds Reception in the Main Office. Please ensure all revenues are deposited into the feds drop box immediately after the event.